KEE Action Sports is a leading paintball manufacturer and distributor of paintball equipment, apparel and paintballs. Industry leading brands include Empire, Empire Battle Tested, JT Paintball, JT SplatMaster, Spyder and other highly regarded paintball brands/products. We are currently recruiting for an experienced CAD Designer who functions as part of the Design and Engineering team to create and document the design and specifications of new innovative products. This job will require relocation to Northwest Arkansas. Prepares complete and accurate 3D CAD models and detail drawings from rough or detailed sketches or notes by performing the following duties:
Education and/or Experience:
- Design experience with emphasis on plastics.
- 2 year technical degree is preferred.
- Highly skilled with 3D CAD, Solidworks a plus.
- Good interpersonal, computer and communication skills
- Knowledge of paintball or related industry preferred
Prepares complete and accurate 3D CAD models and detail drawings from rough or detailed sketches or notes by performing the following Essential Duties and
Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Create 3D CAD models of plastic injection molded parts.
- Makes final sketch of proposed drawing, checking dimension of parts, materials to be used, relation of one part to another, and relation of various parts to whole structure or project.
- Updates current prints, develops new prints, updates BOM's and assists in the engineering change process.
- Utilizes knowledge of various machines, engineering practices, mathematics, building materials, and other physical sciences to complete drawings.
- Creates model design from sketches; makes adjustments or changes as necessary or desired.
- Uses computer assisted drafting (CAD) equipment and software.
- Confers with Engineering, Product management, R&D, Quality, & Warranty departments to establish and evaluate design concepts for manufactured products.
- Direct and coordinate the fabrication of models or samples and the drafting of working drawings and specification sheets from sketches. Modify and refine designs, using working models, to conform with customer specifications, production limitations, or changes in design trends.
- Prepare sketches of ideas, detailed drawings, illustrations, artwork using drafting instruments, paints and brushes, or computer-aided design equipment.
- Present designs and reports to customers or design committees for approval, and discuss need for modification.
- Evaluate feasibility of design ideas, based on factors such as appearance, safety, function, serviceability, budget, production costs/methods, and market characteristics.
- Research production specifications, costs, production materials and manufacturing methods, and provide cost estimates and itemized production requirements.
- Investigate product characteristics such as the product's safety and handling qualities, its market appeal, how efficiently it can be produced, and ways of distributing, using and maintaining it.
- Participate in new product planning or market research, including studying the potential need for new products.
- Support Quality with drawing callouts to support first article inspection and manufacturing control at the factory level
- Support Warranty department by analyzing designs, affecting changes to designs upon request for improving customer satisfaction.
Full benefit package after 90 days of service including PPO
Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, PTO and 401k.
Human Resources KEE Action Sports 1201 S. E. 30th Street, Bentonville, AR 72712 Fax: (856)681-6043 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Qualified candidates will be contacted “ no phone calls or Agents please* *No company paid Relocation* We are a drug free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D